If you’re interested in furthering your career and want expert help, a career coach is a smart solution. A career coach is a professional you hire to guide you during a job search or a career transition, or to help you improve and advance in your current position. A career coach analyzes your work situation and learns what your professional goals are. They then create a strategy to help you achieve your targets. Throughout the process they should provide objective feedback and guide you in approaching the process strategically. Here are some of the tools and tasks a career coach may assist you with:
• Helping you build a strong resume that reflects your work history, potential, and skills.
• Coaching for interviews and strategies for solid answers built around your resume and the target job.
• Defining your career goals.
• Creating a plan for job searching.
• Improving networking strategies and skills.
• Developing strategies for negotiating raises or promotions.
• Assessing why you’re not getting where you want to go.
• Identifying new positions or career opportunities that fit your skills.